Portland injury attorney

Year: 2015

How to Avoid Bicycle Injury Accidents

Bicycling is a very joyful experience for kids and even for grownups. It is the best way to exercise your muscles and enjoy at the same time. However, people who do not take appropriate safety measures when riding a bicycle can get involved in accidents and can get severely injured or even die. Despite the… read more

What are the Limits on Non-economic Damages?


In personal injury cases, there are two basic forms of “damages” a client may recover: economic and non-economic damages. Some lawyers will refer to them as “general” and “special” damages, but the correct terms are economic and non-economic damages. Most wrongful death damages are determined by law using the criteria defined earlier (see the ORS 30.020 damages described… read more

Why Do I Need an Oregon Car Accident Lawyer?

If you have been the victim of a not-at-fault car accident, then you will likely need to find an Oregon car accident lawyer to assist you.  An experienced lawyer will be able to assist you in recovering any type of losses that are a direct result of your car accident, and help to reduce the… read more

What Happens if Alcohol is Involved in a Wrongful Death?


If alcohol was involved in a death, and if the server of the alcohol was partly responsible for the death because they served an already visibly intoxicated person, or served a minor, or failed to perform their server duties correctly in other ways (which are defined by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission), you may be… read more

What is the Time Limit for a Tort Claim Notice?


It is not always clear what a “public body” is. If a person works for a city, county, or the state, then it’s pretty obvious. But did you know that OHSU (Oregon Heath Science University) can be considered a “public body” for the purpose of this rule? “Public body” is defined in ORS 30.260, and… read more

When Government or Alcohol is Involved: Tort Claims


If the death was caused by a public entity, or someone working for a public entity, then a “Tort Claim Notice” has to be received by the proper person or department within one year of the incident that caused the death (If it’s an injury that does not cause death, the time limit is only… read more