Gresham Personal Injury Attorney
An injury can severely disrupt your life. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you may need extensive medical treatment, mobility equipment, disability accommodations, and other forms of long-term care. The emotional, financial, and physical impact of the injury can be difficult to bear.
In these situations, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit—and the Gresham personal injury lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help. Our Gresham personal injury team has years of experience representing Oregon residents in their claims, and we will work tirelessly to secure the outcome you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- Over the years, our Portland personal injury attorneys firm has secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts, demonstrating our dedication to achieving the maximum possible compensation in your case.
- Our personal injury attorneys take on a small number of cases at a time, ensuring that we can provide you with the personalized attention and consistent communication you deserve.
- Many personal injury victims refrain from seeking legal representation due to the perceived costs of hiring a lawyer. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability—you will only be charged legal fees if we secure compensation on your behalf.
Types Of Cases Gresham Personal Injury Lawyers Take On
A personal injury refers to any harm you sustain due to another person’s negligence. This type of injury could occur due to a reckless or careless act, a failure to act when a person should have, or intentional harm. If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s actions, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against him or her in Oregon civil court.
At DuBois Law Group, our personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of injury claims, including the following.
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dangerous and defective products
- Uber and Lyft collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and falls
- Catastrophic injuries
- Hit and run collisions
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Damages Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help With
Personal injury accidents can result in severe, debilitating injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain damage, paralysis, amputation, and burns. As a result, you can sustain serious physical, emotional, and financial damages. Through a personal injury lawsuit with one of our Portland accident lawyers, you can recover compensation for the economic, or financial, losses you sustained due to the accident. You can also recover compensation for your non-economic damages, also known as pain and suffering.
Common types of damages in personal injury lawsuits include the following.
- All past and future medical expenses related to the accident, including hospitalizations, surgeries, prescription medications, and doctor’s visits
- Lost wages during your recovery period and loss of future earnings if your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Property damage that you sustained during the accident, including vehicle repairs and replacements
- Disability accommodations, mobility equipment, and long-term care, which may include physical therapy, rehabilitation, and live-in caregivers
- Pain and suffering, such as disability, disfigurement, chronic pain, emotional distress, and post-traumatic stress disorder
How to Prove an Oregon Personal Injury Lawsuit
In order to prove your right to compensation in an Oregon personal injury claim, you will need to establish the at-fault party’s negligence. To do so, you will need to gather enough evidence to prove four important facts.
- Duty: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident. For example, drivers owe a duty to operate their vehicles safely and follow all traffic laws. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises in a safe condition and respond to hazards within an appropriate amount of time.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act. For example, a driver who speeds through a red light breaches his or her duty because it is illegal to do so. A landlord who ignores repair requests for months also breaches his or her duty to maintain safe property.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s breach of care caused your accident. You can use multiple pieces of evidence to prove causation, including surveillance footage, police reports, witness testimony, correspondence, and reports from expert witnesses.
- Damages: You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit. Medical bills, paystubs, correspondence with your employer, and journal entries can establish your right to damages. For long-term care costs, your attorney can partner with expert witnesses who can develop a life care plan on your behalf.
All of these will prove to be invaluable to our Gresham personal injury attorneys.
How Long Do You Have to File an Oregon Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In Oregon, all personal injury lawsuits are subject to a rule known as the statute of limitations, which establishes a deadline for filing your claim. If you file your lawsuit after this deadline passes, the court will likely dismiss your case—preventing you from recovering the compensation you deserve. You have two years from the date of your accident to file your claim, so it is important to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to initiate the litigation process.
Do You Need a Gresham Personal Injury Lawyer?
Filing a personal injury lawsuit can be a complex, confusing process, especially after a recent injury. You will need to meet all necessary deadlines, complete the right paperwork, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your case. This can be difficult to accomplish without an attorney on your side.
When you hire a Gresham personal injury lawyer to represent your claim, you receive access to resources and knowledge that you can leverage to strengthen your case. Your attorney will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf so you can focus on recovery. He or she will negotiate with insurance companies, complete all required paperwork, and conduct an in-depth investigation into your accident to prove your right to compensation. As soon as you receive medical treatment for your injury, speak to a personal injury lawyer at DuBois Law Group to initiate your claim.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are physically harmed due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. In these situations, the personal injury attorneys in Portland at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to maximum recovery and secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your next steps. (503) 222-4411