Gresham Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can severely disrupt your life, leading to financial hardship, emotional struggles, and serious physical injuries. If you are injured in a collision in Gresham, Oregon and someone else was responsible for the crash, you may be eligible for legal action—and the Gresham personal injury attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help.
Our Gresham car accident lawyers have years of experience helping Oregon residents secure the compensation they deserve and will fight tirelessly for your right to maximum recovery.
Why Choose Us
- We have recovered over $50 million in settlements and verdicts and will advocate tirelessly to secure the highest possible award in your case.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee agreement—if we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not pay any legal fees.
- We combine the resources and power of a large firm with the personalized attention and care of a small firm. Your car accident attorney will be available to answer your questions and speak to you about your case at your request.
Oregon Car Accident Statistics
Each year, hundreds of Oregon residents are injured or in car accidents that cause wrongful deaths. Many of these collisions are preventable and occur due to another driver’s negligent actions, such as speeding, drunk driving, and failure to yield the right of way. According to the Oregon Department of Transportation (DOT), 50,099 car accidents occurred in Oregon during 2018. Of these accidents, the Oregon DOT provides the following statistics.
- 41,073 injuries occurred in Oregon car accidents during 2018.
- 502 people died in Oregon car accidents in 2018.
- 379 of these accidents involved driving over the speed limit.
- 4,886 accidents involved a driver who did not have the right of way.
- 547 accidents involved reckless driving.
- 1,922 accidents involved inattentive or distracted drivers.
Legal Options for Gresham Car Accident Victims
Oregon is a fault car accident state, meaning that drivers who cause car accidents are financially responsible for the damages of their victims. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle repairs, and replacements, and pain and suffering. If you are injured in a Gresham car accident, you could recover compensation for your losses by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Do this with the help of a Gresham or car accident lawyer in Portland.
Through your claim, you will need to prove that the other driver involved in your accident was responsible for your collision. This will require providing evidence such as police reports, medical records, surveillance footage, and witness testimony. Most car accident claims begin and end in the insurance process, proceeding to a lawsuit if this process is unsuccessful. In some situations, however, it may be in your best interest to file a lawsuit from the beginning. To determine your optimal path to recovery, speak to a Gresham car accident attorney as soon as possible.
What to Do After a Gresham Car Accident
If you are involved in a Gresham car accident, it is important to remain calm, protect yourself and your family, and seek help as soon as possible.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Seek medical attention and save all records related to your treatment.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver and any witnesses in the area.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, your physical injuries, and any vehicle damage.
- Contact a Gresham car accident lawyer or Portland injury attorney as soon as possible.
Get In Touch With A Gresham Car Accident Attorney From DuBois Law Group
If you have been injured in a car accident in Gresham, the attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your optimal path to maximum recovery. (503) 222-4411