Beaverton Personal Injury Attorney
In Beaverton, Oregon, accidents can happen at any time, in any place—resulting in unexpected consequences. If you are injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another person or entity, you can sustain thousands of dollars in medical expenses, lose weeks or months of wages, and sustain permanent disabilities that can impact the rest of your life.
In these situations, you may qualify for legal action—and the Beaverton personal injury lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help. Our expert attorneys can represent you in your personal injury lawsuit and craft a compelling case in your favor, fighting for your right to maximum recovery.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm is dedicated to securing the full extent of your damages. Our personal injury lawyers in Portland have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for thousands of injured Oregon residents.
- Our Beaverton personal injury attorneys have years of experience representing personal injury victims in multiple types of cases. We will leverage our skills, resources, and knowledge to fight aggressively for your best possible outcome.
- We understand that financial hardship is common after an unexpected personal injury. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability—if we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not owe any legal fees.
What Is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury refers to any harm you sustain due to the actions of another person or entity. In many cases, these injuries occur during an accident caused by someone else. In other situations, intentional violence leads to a personal injury, such as an assault or shooting.
At DuBois Law Group, our Beaverton personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of injury claims, including the following.
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and falls
- Drunk driving accidents
- Wrongful death
Damages Available to Oregon Personal Injury Victims
Any type of accident can result in serious, unexpected damages, including financial hardship, physical harm, and emotional trauma. Through a personal injury lawsuit, you have the right to recover compensation for all economic and non-economic damages related to your accident.
Common damages available to Beaverton personal injury victims that can be leveraged by our lawyers include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Mobility equipment and disability accommodations
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs
- Chronic pain, disability, or disfigurement
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety
In cases involving malice, reckless behavior, or conscious indifference to potential harm, you may also be eligible for punitive damages. Unlike economic and non-economic damages, which are intended to compensate you for your losses, punitive damages are meant to punish the at-fault party and deter him or her from committing the same act in the future. Your Beaverton personal injury lawyer will see that these are also paid in full.
How to Prove a Personal Injury Case in Beaverton
To secure compensation in an Oregon personal injury lawsuit, you will need to provide sufficient evidence to establish the at-fault party’s negligence. You will need to prove four key elements to accomplish this.
- Duty: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. This will depend on the circumstances surrounding your accident. For example, all drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and operate their vehicles safely.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act. For example, a drunk driver violates traffic law and his or her duty of care.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s actions directly caused your accident and resulting in injuries. Your medical records, police report, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and other crucial pieces of evidence can establish causation.
- Damages: You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in the lawsuit. Documents such as medical bills, correspondence with your employer, paystubs, journal entries, and expert witness testimony can help you prove your right to damages.
The Oregon Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
If you believe you are in need of a Beaverton personal injury lawyer, it is important to act quickly. All civil lawsuits are subject to a rule known as the statute of limitations, which establishes a filing deadline for certain claims. If you do not file within the appropriate time frame, the court will likely dismiss your case—preventing you from recovering compensation.
In Oregon, you have two years from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit. There are certain exceptions to the statute of limitations; for example, if you were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident, the clock will not begin until your 18th birthday. However, it is important to speak to a Portland accident attorney at DuBois Law Group to identify your appropriate filing deadline and protect your right to recovery.
Do You Need a Beaverton Personal Injury Lawyer?
When filing a Beaverton personal injury lawsuit, you need an attorney on your side, and hiring a lawyer to represent your claim can provide significant such as:
- The aftermath of a personal injury can be painful. Your lawyer will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on recovery and healing, not paperwork and complex litigation.
- You may need to negotiate with insurance companies and defense attorneys as part of your injury claim. Your personal injury attorney will handle these negotiations on your behalf and advocate for your optimal outcome.
- You may not understand the full extent of your injuries and damages following your accident. Your lawyer will be able to calculate your estimated settlement and evaluate any offers you receive, protecting your future recovery.
- Your personal injury attorney will have the resources, skills, and knowledge necessary to conduct a full-scale investigation into your accident. He or she can then use the results of the investigation to construct a strong case in your favor.
- Your personal injury will have access to expert witnesses who can provide testimony on your behalf, including medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, life care planners, and economists.
Contact A Beaverton Personal Injury Lawyer At DuBois Law Group
If you are injured due to the negligence of another person, you deserve justice—and DuBois Law Group can help. Our Beaverton personal injury attorneys can identify your path to maximize recovery and fight for your right to full compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options. (503) 222-4411