Gresham Truck Accident Lawyer
Collisions between a truck and a passenger vehicle can be catastrophic. The sheer size and weight of a commercial truck can cause extensive damage to a car and its occupants, leading to debilitating and sometimes life-threatening injuries. If you are injured in a truck accident, you may have grounds for a claim against the at-fault driver and his or her employer—and the Gresham truck accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can advocate for your right to maximum compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our Portland accident lawyers have years of experience representing Oregon residents in their injury claims. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We take on a limited number of cases at a time so that we can provide your case with the attention and dedication you deserve.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, you can still hire an attorney. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if we do not secure compensation in your case, you do not pay legal fees.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for several reasons. In some cases, poor road conditions or dangerous weather lead to these accidents. Some collisions occur due to malfunctioning or defective truck parts. In many accidents, however, dangerous and negligent driving behaviors can lead to a serious collision, including the following:
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to check blind spots
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving through a red light or stop sign
- Fatigued driving, or failure to follow hours-of-service regulations
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving or fiddling with the radio
Other truck accidents occur due to the negligence of the trucking company. Trucking companies have a duty to follow all state and federal regulations, and some employers do not adhere to these requirements. Common examples of trucking company negligence include the following:
- Hiring drivers without the right licenses or qualifications
- Failure to properly train drivers
- Failure to regularly inspect commercial trucks
- Failure to repair or replace damaged trucks
- Improper cargo loading
- Unrealistic scheduling that does not adhere to hours-of-service regulations
Who Is Liable for a Gresham Truck Accident?
If you are injured in a truck accident due to the negligence of another driver or entity, you could file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Depending on the cause of your accident, multiple parties may be liable for the collision. For example, if negligent driving behavior caused the collision, the truck driver would be liable. If he or she was an employee of the trucking company, the company would also be responsible.
The trucking company would not be liable if the driver was an independent contractor. However, if the accident occurred due to the actions of the company, you could name the entity in your lawsuit. If the accident occurred due to a defective vehicle part, the manufacturer of that part would be liable for the collision.
Identifying the at-fault party in a truck accident claim can be a difficult process. In these situations, a Gresham personal injury lawyer at DuBois Law Group can help you identify the cause of your crash and gather the evidence necessary to prove your right to compensation.
Contact DuBois Law Group For A Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident can lead to serious, debilitating injuries—and if a truck driver’s negligence led to your collision, you deserve justice. In these situations, the injury attorneys in Portland at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your path to recovery. (503) 222-4411