Gresham Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately common in Oregon, with hundreds of people suffering serious injuries in these collisions each year. If you are involved in a motorcycle collision, you could hold the at-fault driver accountable through an insurance claim or lawsuit. However, motorcyclists often find it difficult to secure a fair award due to unfair stereotypes.
In these situations, the Gresham motorcycle accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Our personal injury lawyers have years of experience helping motorcycle accident victims secure the compensation they deserve, and we will fight tirelessly for your maximum possible recovery.
Why Choose Us
- Our personal injury attorneys have years of experience representing Oregon residents in their claims, including motorcycle accident cases.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees.
- Our firm provides personalized and consistent attention throughout the claim process. You will always be able to ask your motorcycle accident attorney questions and receive timely updates about your case.
The Dangers Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Due to the size and weight difference between cars and motorcycles, collisions between these vehicles can result in catastrophic injuries. As a result, many motorcycle accidents are fatal, resulting in wrongful death cases, and many surviving victims require extensive, sometimes permanent care.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include the following.
- Traumatic brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones
- Mangled and amputated limbs
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Severe abrasions, also known as road rash
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
How to Prove an Oregon Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Oregon, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Since Oregon is a fault accident state, you could file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in your case. Most motorcycle accident claims begin in the insurance process and proceed to a lawsuit if necessary. If you have very severe damages that exceed the at-fault driver’s insurance limits, you could begin in the lawsuit stage. Use a Gresham motorcycle accident attorney for the best help available.
During the insurance claim process, an adjuster will conduct an investigation into the accident and determine whether or not the policyholder is at fault. During the lawsuit process, you will need to prove four important elements.
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a duty to follow traffic rules and drive safely.
- The at-fault driver breached his or her duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused your accident.
- You sustained damages in your accident that you could claim in the lawsuit.
Do You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Although you may provide the evidence necessary to establish the other driver’s fault, motorcyclists have to battle many stereotypes while filing a claim. As a result, you may be subject to unfair scrutiny during the insurance process. The insurance company may claim that you were driving recklessly at the time of the collision, using this information as justification to reduce or deny your award.
In these situations, you need a Gresham motorcycle accident lawyer who can advocate for your rights and defend you against allegations of shared fault. The professionals at DuBois Law Group will handle all aspects related to your case and gather the evidence you need to establish your right to compensation.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are injured in a Gresham motorcycle accident, the attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options. (503) 222-4411