Gresham Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Every day, the pedestrians of Gresham must take careful steps to protect themselves while walking, keeping aware of their surroundings to crossing at the proper intersections. Motorists must also be careful around pedestrians, but not all drivers uphold this duty of care, leading to serious accidents.
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you could hold the at-fault driver accountable for your damages—and the Gresham pedestrian accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help. We have represented hundreds of Oregon residents in their claims against negligent or careless drivers and will fight tirelessly to protect your rights.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and will advocate aggressively to achieve maximum compensation in your case.
- Our Gresham personal injury attorneys take on a limited number of cases at a time, meaning that we can provide the personalized attention you deserve.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if we do not secure compensation on your behalf, you do not have to pay legal fees.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Gresham
Pedestrian accidents occur for a number of reasons. Poor lighting, inclement weather, and dangerous road conditions sometimes contribute to these accidents. In many cases, however, negligent driver behaviors lead to serious collisions that can result in wrongful death. Some of the most causes of Gresham pedestrian accidents include the following.
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Turning without checking for crossing pedestrians
- Drunk driving
- Backing out of a driveway, parking space, or alley without checking for pedestrians
Legal Options for Injured Pedestrians
A pedestrian accident can lead to catastrophic injuries, emotional trauma, and the need for extensive medical care. In many cases, the aftermath of the accident results in lost wages, property damage, and permanent disability that requires long-term treatment and specialized accommodations. If you are injured in a pedestrian accident due to a driver’s negligence, you could hold him or her accountable through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Be sure to utilize the help of one of our Gresham pedestrian accident lawyers to help.
Oregon is a fault-based accident state that requires negligent drivers to pay for the losses of their victims, which include other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. To secure this compensation, you will need to prove that the other driver’s actions caused the accident and your resulting damages. In these situations, a pedestrian accident lawyer from DuBois Law Group can investigate your case and gather the evidence you need to establish your right to compensation.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The moments after a pedestrian accident can be scary and disorienting. However, you will need to take careful steps after the collision to protect yourself and your future claim.
- First, call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Next, seek emergency medical attention, even if you feel uninjured. Save all records related to your treatment.
- If you are able to do so safely, take photographs of any visible injuries, the accident scene, and property damage.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the at-fault driver.
- Ask any witnesses in the area for their contact information.
- Contact a Gresham pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you deserve justice—and the attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. We will advocate tirelessly for your right to maximum compensation. Contact us today to learn more about your legal options and schedule a free consultation with a Gresham pedestrian accident attorney. (503) 222-4411