Gresham Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Throughout Oregon, residents rely on bicycles both as a means of transportation and a way to explore the state’s natural attractions and urban landscapes. However, cyclists are often at risk of a collision, which can result in serious injuries and financial losses. If you are injured in a bicycle accident, you could file a lawsuit or insurance claim against the at-fault driver—and the Gresham bicycle accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We will advocate tirelessly to secure maximum compensation in your case.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. If we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not owe legal fees.
- We pride ourselves on delivering open and honest communication throughout your case. Your attorney will always be able to answer your questions and respond to your concerns.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accident Cases
Due to the size and weight difference between a bicycle and the average motor vehicle, collisions between the two can result in serious and sometimes catastrophic injuries. Thankfully our Gresham personal injury lawyers can help. Some of the most common bicycle accident injuries include the following.
- Broken bones and sprains
- Cuts and abrasions
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Facial injuries
- Ruptured discs
Legal Options for Gresham Bicycle Accident Victims
If you are injured in a cycling incident, you may have grounds for legal action with the aid of a Portland injury attorney. Oregon is a fault car insurance state, requiring all drivers to hold minimum amounts of liability insurance. If a driver is responsible for a collision, he or she must use this insurance to pay for the victims’ damages—and these victims include cyclists. As a result, you could file a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim against the at-fault driver.
To secure compensation in your claim, you will need to prove that the driver caused your accident. Overall, you will need to prove four key facts to establish his or her fault.
- The driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a duty to follow traffic rules and operate their vehicles safely.
- The driver breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act.
- The driver’s breach of duty caused your accident and resulting injuries.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
Do You Need a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Navigating the bicycle accident claims process can be a challenge, especially after a recent injury. Not only do you need to file your claim, but you will need to gather enough evidence to prove your right to compensation, calculate your losses, and negotiate with insurance representatives. You will also need to complete the required paperwork and meet all filing deadlines. In these situations, a Gresham bicycle accident lawyer can help.
Hiring a bicycle accident attorney in Portland from DuBois Law Group can provide several benefits to your claim. Your lawyer will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf and negotiate for your best possible outcome, evaluating any settlement offers you receive. After you receive medical attention for your accident, speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are injured in a Gresham bicycle accident, trust the attorneys at DuBois Law Group to represent you in your claim. Our firm will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need to recover. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options. (503) 222-4411