Gresham Catastrophic Injury Attorney
An injury can occur at any time, in any place. However, some injuries are more serious than others, resulting in catastrophic damage that can impact the rest of your life. If you sustained a catastrophic injury in a Gresham accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation with the help of a catastrophic injury lawyer.
In these situations, the personal injury attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to recovery. Our Gresham catastrophic injury lawyers will advocate tirelessly to secure the compensation you need to treat your injury.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm’s track record speaks for itself. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- Our personal injury attorneys have years of experience representing clients in personal injury claims. We will leverage our skills, knowledge, and resources to craft a compelling case on your behalf.
- We understand the financial hardship that accompanies a serious injury. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will only pay legal fees if we secure compensation in your case.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury refers to any damage that results in permanent impairment. This type of damage usually impairs your ability to return to work or perform your daily activities without assistance. Catastrophic injuries typically fall into one of three categories. Thankfully, our Gresham personal injury lawyers can help with all three.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord is responsible for transmitting messages between our brain and the rest of our bodies. Any damage to the spinal cord can result in paralysis or a loss of function or feeling below the injury site.
- Cognitive injuries: Our brains are responsible for controlling our body’s most important functions, from memory and concentration to speech and movement. Any damage to the brain can lead to permanent cognitive impairment, which can severely impact your quality of life.
- Physical injuries: Many catastrophic injuries are physical in nature and result in permanent disability, such as amputation, severe burns, and scarring. Severe damage to bones or tissue could also qualify as a catastrophic injury.
How to Recover Compensation After a Catastrophic Injury
If you sustain a catastrophic injury in Gresham, you may be eligible for financial compensation. However, your ability to recover this compensation will depend on the circumstances surrounding your accident. For example, if you sustained the injury while performing your job duties, you could file a workers’ compensation claim to recover benefits for disability, medical expenses, and other losses.
If you sustained the injury due to the negligence of another person, such as a car accident, a hazard on someone else’s property, or an act of physical violence, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. To prove your right to compensation in a personal injury lawsuit, you will need to provide evidence to support four key elements.
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care through negligence.
- The at-fault party’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- You sustained damages that you can collect in your lawsuit.
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury in Gresham, you need a catastrophic injury attorney on your side. At DuBois Law Group, our lawyers will work tirelessly to gather the evidence necessary to prove your case and advocate for your maximum recovery.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Have you suffered a catastrophic injury in Gresham, Oregon? The attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your optimal path to compensation.