Portland Amputation Injury Attorney
Amputation injuries can devastate the lives of many Portland residents. The loss of a limb can result in financial strain and physical hardship, making it difficult to complete daily tasks. The emotional trauma that accompanies amputation can also be hard to bear. Yet, if you sustained this type of injury due to the negligence of another person, you may be eligible for legal action—and the Portland amputation injury attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to recovery.
Why Choose A Portland Amputation Lawyer From Us?
- For years, our firm has helped thousands of Oregon residents secure the compensation they deserve. We have won millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts on personal injury cases.
- We prioritize direct communication from consultation to settlement. You will always be able to ask your attorney questions and raise concerns throughout the case process.
- Our firm operates a separate medical department staffed by healthcare professionals. If you need a specialist or help finding treatment, our firm can connect you with resources.
What Are Some Common Causes of Amputation Injuries in Portland?
Amputation injuries occur when a limb is severed during an accident, or when a limb becomes so damaged that amputation is necessary to protect your health. These injuries can occur during many types of accidents, including the following.
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Pedestrian collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous and defective products
- Medical malpractice
How To File a Claim After an Amputation Injury?
If you suffer an amputation injury due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. For example, if you lose a limb in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you could file a claim with one of our accident lawyers against the at-fault driver. If the injury occurs after a surgeon accidentally performs the wrong procedure, you could file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Many amputation injuries occur in the workplace, especially in industries that operate heavy machinery. If you sustain the injury while performing your job duties, you could file a workers’ compensation claim to recover benefits, regardless of fault or negligence. If the injury occurred due to a malfunctioning or defective machine, however, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of that product. An amputation injury attorney at DuBois Law Group can handle all of these situations.
What Damages Available to Portland Amputation Injury Victims?
In a lawsuit or insurance claim, you have the right to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses related to your amputation injury. Economic damages involve your financial losses, while non-economic damages encompass your intangible pain and suffering. Some of the most common damages available in amputation injury cases include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Property damage sustained in the accident
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Permanent disability
- Chronic pain and disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
- Depression and anxiety
Your Portland personal injury attorney at DuBois Law Group can help you calculate the full extent of your damages and gather the evidence you need to prove your right to compensation.
Contact a Portland Amputation Injury Lawyer From DuBois Law Group
If you are the victim of an amputation injury, the Portland attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to justice. Our amputation injury lawyers can help you recover the compensation you deserve and aid you on the path to healing. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation and learn more about your legal options. (503) 222-4411