Portland Catastrophic Injury Attorney
A catastrophic injury can have profound implications on a person’s life. You may be unable to return to work, need to pay for thousands of dollars in medical expenses, and struggle with the physical and emotional impact of the injury. If someone else’s actions caused you to sustain a severe injury, you may have grounds for legal action—and the Portland catastrophic injury attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help.
Why Choose A Portland Catastrophic Injury Lawyer From DuBois Law Group?
- We are dedicated to securing maximum compensation on our clients’ behalf. Our Portland accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Handling a personal injury lawsuit can be difficult after a serious injury. Our Portland personal injury attorneys will take care of all aspects of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovery.
- Our firm operates a separate medical department staffed by healthcare professionals. We can connect you with the treatment you need and recommend specialists who can provide you with important care.
What Are The Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries In Portland?
A catastrophic injury occurs when you sustain harm that is so serious that it results in permanent disability and long-term complications. These injuries can occur in many types of accidents across the state, including Portland car accidents, construction, and workplace accidents, dangerous conditions on someone else’s property, and accidents involving product liability.
Common types of catastrophic injuries include the following.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain damage
- Amputation injuries
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Permanent nerve damage
- Loss of hearing or eyesight
- Facial injuries
- Birth injuries
What Are The Legal Options for Portland Catastrophic Injury Victims?
If you sustained a catastrophic injury due to the negligence of another person, you could hold him or her accountable for your economic and non-economic losses in a personal injury lawsuit. In certain situations, you may also be eligible for an insurance claim. To identify your optimal path to compensation, speak to a Portland catastrophic injury attorney as soon as possible.
To prove your right to compensation in a catastrophic injury lawsuit, you will need to supply sufficient evidence that satisfies four important elements.
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care.
- The at-fault party’s breach of duty caused your accident and catastrophic injury.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
For example, say that you are driving along a highway when a truck driver suddenly loses control of his vehicle and collides with your car. You are rushed to the hospital and learn that you are paralyzed from the waist down. Later, the police report informs you that the driver fell asleep at the wheel, leading to your accident.
The truck driver in this case has a duty to follow all traffic laws, as well as state and federal trucking regulations. He breached this duty by falling asleep while driving, likely due to driving for too many hours. Your Portland personal injury attorney from DuBois Law Group can request evidence from the trucking company, such as driving logs, to identify the driver’s breach of duty. You can also use police reports, witness testimony, surveillance footage, and medical records to prove causation and your right to damages.
Contact A Catastrophic Injury Layer From DuBois Law Group
If you are the victim of a catastrophic injury in Portland, you may have grounds for legal action—and the attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to justice. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options with a Portland catastrophic injury lawyer. (503) 222-4411