Injury Compensation Cases Recently Settled
The Portland injury compensation lawyers at DuBois Law Group have been working hard make sure our clients get fair settlements after their accidents. Here are some recent settlements we’ve achieved:
1) Y.S. was an avid bicycle rider who was unable to ride her bike for over two months after being hit by a car. She spent six days in the hospital, with broken bones in her face and post-concussive syndrome. After further treatment, and even dental work, Y.S did research about Portland injury compensation lawyers, and found our site. This case settled for the policy limits of $50,000.
2) J.W. was a passenger during her accident. The driver of the car was speeding, and being chased by police, when he missed a turn and crashed into a tree. The car split in two and part of it ended up in a river. J.W. had 3 pelvic fractures, PTSD, headaches, and bruised ribs – among other injuries. She found our Oregon Accident News website, and contacted us for help. This case settled for policy limits of $25,000.
3) J.E. was stopped for a bicyclist crossing the street when she was rear-ended. Besides pain to her neck and back, the accident diminished the value of her new car. After talking to several attorneys about injury compensation, J.E. decided to hire DuBois Law Group to represent her. This case settled for a confidential amount.
4) K.A. was driving in Salem one evening when a drunk driver hit him head on after crossing the center line. K.A was hit at about 60 mph, so hard that his car was actually airborne for several seconds. After the other driver was arrested and charged with DUI, K.A. was taken to the hospital. With pain radiating down his leg, and extensive physical therapy to worry about, he decided he needed legal help for his injury compensation. This case settled for a confidential amount.
5) E.J. was only 9 months old when he was injured in an accident with his father. They were hit by a truck, and both suffered serious brain injury. E.J. was transported from the scene by helicopter and treated for spinal injury, broken bones, and had two surgeries. After looking into the case, we recognized there might be grounds for a lawsuit against Junction City for not maintaining the stop sign at the intersection where the accident occurred. Though this case is not finished against the city, insurance settled for $25,000, the policy limit.