Congestion During Rush Hour Means Need for More Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Portland Ranks 6th in Most Congested Cities During Rush Hour
Not a statistic to aspire to, Portland ranked sixth in a recent national study of the most traffic congested cities in the US. According to the Associated Press as reported by KGWN News, commuters throughout the country are rising to the challenge of increased traffic congestion by “building delays into their schedules, but at a cost of $121 billion in wasted time and fuel.” The national study, conducted at Texas A&M Transportation Institute, determined that the average US commuter wasted some $818 in 2011 sitting in rush-hour traffic.
Sitting in traffic is no fun and provides drives with a lot of time to get distracted from the task at hand —driving safely to their destination. With the increase in the amount of time Portland commuters spend in their cars, it’s not surprising that auto accidents are on the rise. Anxious about getting to work on time and consequently, calling in to work or checking traffic conditions on mobile devices, distracted drivers everywhere during the most congested times on Portland roadways. As a result, rear-end collisions are an everyday occurrence — meaning it’s a good idea to have the phone number of a good car accident injury lawyer on hand.
How to Find a Good Car Accident Injury Lawyer
All kidding aside, how do you go about finding a good car accident injury lawyer that you know will properly represent you? Most of us only seek out the assistance of an attorney after we discover we need one. After a car accident in which you may have been injured, finding a good car accident injury lawyer is more important than ever as the selection of representation could mean the difference in winning or losing any lawsuit you might need to file against the at-fault driver.
You don’t want just any car accident injury lawyer; and if you are facing a complicated or serious injury claim, you’ll want the best representation available. Below you’ll find some practical tips for finding a car accident injury lawyer to best fulfill your needs.
- Ask coworkers, friends, and family for referrals. Make a list of potential referrals and check each of them out yourself. Different people respond differently to certain personalities, so don’t hire a car accident injury lawyer simply based on the recommendation of another. Make an appointment with a select few car accident lawyers to discuss your case and choose one you feel comfortable working with.
- Check out lawyer directories online. Most online directories offer biographies, website links, contact information and other information that will help you research any car accident injury lawyer you might have particular interest in to represent you in your car accident case.
- Contact the Oregon Bar Association to verify that any car accident injury lawyer you might be considering is in good standing and licensed to practice in Oregon.
- Ask lawyers you know for a referral. Even if you don’t know any personal injury lawyers, most legal professionals have access to resources outside their particular legal field that could prove to be useful to you.
- Interview at least two or three potential car accident injury lawyers before hiring one. Meet with each potential lawyer, discuss your claim and find out how that particular lawyer would handle your situation, their success rates, and their style of dealing with clients like you. Bring copies of documentation related to your accident and subsequent injuries like medical records, police reports, income loss information, and correspondence with insurance companies, either your own or that of the other party.
After selecting a car accident injury lawyer you think you want to work with, have him or her create a clear written fee agreement that you both will sign. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay attorneys’ fees until your case is settled; and if you lose, your attorney forfeits attorneys’ fees. However, a contingency fee based contract doesn’t mean that you won’t have to pay some out-of-pocket expenses for services like court filing fees, copies, depositions, etc. Make sure you read any agreement and understand your responsibilities and obligations before you sign one.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Injury Lawyer at DuBois Law Group for Legal Advice Concerning your Car Accident Claim
At DuBois Law Group, we’re confident that you’ll find an experienced car accident injury lawyer. With high success rates in representation of car accident clients, years of experience representing clients just like you, and a comfortable, unintimidating work atmosphere, DuBois Law Group is a Portland personal injury law firm you can count on to be out for your best interests. To speak with an experienced Portland car accident injury lawyer about your car accident claim, contact us today.