Hillsboro Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Many Oregon residents ride motorcycles as an alternative means of transportation and enjoyable activity. However, motorcyclists are especially susceptible to severe injury and death on the road. If you are involved in a crash, the Hillsboro motorcycle accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. We can represent you in a motorcycle accident lawsuit or insurance claim, holding the at-fault driver accountable for his or her actions. Our Hillsboro personal injury lawyers will personally see to it.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm has years of experience in personal injury law. We will leverage our skills, resources, and knowledge to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- If you have questions or concerns about your case, our firm will be available to answer. You will have a direct line of communication with your attorney throughout your case.
- Navigating the motorcycle accident claims process can be difficult after a severe injury. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will handle all aspects of your claim on your behalf so you can focus on healing, not paperwork.
Common Causes of Hillsboro Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can have a serious impact on your life, leading to catastrophic injuries and long-term disability. These collisions can occur for several reasons, including defective vehicle parts, poorly designed roads, and dangerous weather conditions, such as snow, fog, and rain. In many cases, however, driver negligence contributes to these accidents.
Some of the most common causes of Hillsboro motorcycle accidents include the following.
- Running a red light or a stop sign
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Following too closely behind a motorcycle
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving over the speed limit
- Sudden stops without warning
- Reckless or careless driving, such as swerving
How to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Hillsboro
If you are injured in a Hillsboro motorcycle accident, you may have grounds for legal action. Oregon is a fault accident state, requiring at-fault drivers to pay for the damages of the victims in any accident they cause. Motorcyclists, along with other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians, have the right to recover compensation from negligent motorists through an insurance claim or lawsuit. Let our Hillsboro motorcycle accident lawyers help you with that.
To secure compensation in a motorcycle accident claim, you will need to provide sufficient evidence that shows the at-fault driver caused the collision. There are four key elements that you will need to prove in your claim.
- The driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a duty to follow the law and drive carefully.
- The driver breached his or her duty of care.
- The driver’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- You sustained damages in your accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
Damages Available in Motorcycle Accident Claims
As a motorcycle accident victim, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you sustained in the collision. This may include past and future medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
However, motorcyclists are often subject to unfair scrutiny during the claims process. The insurance company or court may believe you are partially responsible for the accident, using these beliefs to reduce or deny your award. In these situations, you need a motorcycle attorney on your side who can advocate for you and craft a compelling case for your right to maximum compensation.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are the victim of a collision, the Hillsboro motorcycle accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help you with your injury claim and will advocate aggressively for your right to maximum recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your path forward. (503) 222-4411