Hillsboro Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence in Hillsboro, with hundreds of residents suffering injuries in these collisions each year. If you are injured in an Oregon car accident, however, you may have grounds for legal action. At DuBois Law Group, our Hillsboro car accident attorneys can represent you in your claim, advocating aggressively to secure the compensation you need to recover from your injuries, financial losses, and emotional damages.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm combines the power and resources of a large firm with the dedication and personalized attention of a small firm.
- We have represented hundreds of Oregon residents in their car accident claims, securing millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm charges a contingency fee for our legal services. If we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not owe any legal fees.
Common Car Accident Injuries
During a car accident, you can sustain serious, sometimes catastrophic injuries that require immediate medical care. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the collision, you may need extensive medical treatment and long-term care, weeks or even months of recovery time, and disability accommodations or mobility equipment. This is why it’s important to have a Hillsboro personal injury lawyer on your side. Some of the most common car accident injuries include the following.
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones and sprains
- Cuts and abrasions
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Ruptured or herniated discs
- Facial injuries
- Mangled or amputated limbs
Oregon Car Insurance Laws
Oregon is a fault car insurance state, requiring at-fault drivers to pay for the damages of their victims. All drivers must carry the following minimum amounts of liability insurance in case they are responsible for a collision.
- $25,000 in bodily injury or death liability coverage per person in an accident
- $50,000 in total bodily injury or death liability in an accident
- $20,000 in liability coverage for property damage per accident
- $15,000 in personal injury protection coverage per person per accident
- Uninsured motorist coverage in the amounts of $25,000 per person and
- $50,000 total per accident
If you are injured in a car accident that someone else caused, you need a Hillsboro car accident lawyer. They could hold him or her accountable for your losses. Also, they could help you recover compensation by filing an insurance claim against him or her, or a claim under your own policy if you have the appropriate coverage. You could also file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in Oregon civil court.
What to Do After a Hillsboro Car Accident
To prove your right to compensation after a car accident, you will need to provide enough evidence showing that the other driver caused the collision. You will need to take careful steps after the accident to collect this evidence and protect your future claim with a Hillsboro car accident attorney.
- First, call 911 and report the accident to the police.
- Next, seek medical attention—even if you feel uninjured—and save your records.
- If you are able, take photographs of your injuries, vehicle damage, and the area around the accident.
- Exchange contact, license, and insurance information with the at-fault driver and keep your interaction brief.
- If there are any witnesses in the area, ask for their contact information.
- Speak to a Hillsboro car accident lawyer about your claim.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Car accidents can be scary, overwhelming events—but if someone else is responsible for your collision, you deserve justice. In these situations, the Hillsboro car accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation and learn more about your optimal path to recovery. (503) 222-4411