Hillsboro Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians in Hillsboro need to take careful steps to protect themselves on the road, such as crossing at proper intersections and looking both ways before walking across a street. Although a pedestrian may follow the rules, some motorists fail to take the necessary precautions while driving—leading to serious collisions between drivers and pedestrians. If you are injured while walking, the Hillsboro pedestrian accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for your losses.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have helped thousands of Oregon residents in their injury claims, securing millions of dollars in compensation over our years of operation.
- Our firm operates a separate medical department staffed by healthcare professionals who can connect you with the treatment and specialists you need.
- We charge a contingency fee for maximum affordability. If we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged for our legal services.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
In Hillsboro, pedestrian accidents can occur for several reasons. Poor visibility, inclement weather, and dangerous road conditions may contribute to these collisions. Defective vehicle parts can cause a driver to lose control of his or her vehicle and collide with another person. In many cases, however, negligent actions on the part of a driver cause these accidents. This is where a Hillsboro personal injury lawyer can help.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include the following.
- Turning without checking for pedestrians
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving over the speed limit
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on a cell phone while driving
- Backing out of a driveway, alley, or parking spot without checking for pedestrians
Legal Options for Injured Hillsboro Pedestrians
Oregon is a fault accident state, which means that at-fault drivers are financially liable for the damages of their collision victims. Other drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians are eligible to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against a negligent driver. If you are injured in a pedestrian accident caused by someone else, you have the right to pursue compensation, and a Hillsboro pedestrian accident lawyer will see to that.
Through your claim, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you sustained. These damages may include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Filing Deadlines for Oregon Pedestrian Accident Claims
If you are injured as a pedestrian, it is important to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Pedestrian accident lawsuits are subject to a rule known as the statute of limitations, which sets a deadline for filing your claim. If you do not file your lawsuit within two years of the accident, the court will likely dismiss your claim.
For insurance claims, different companies set different filing deadlines. In most cases, it is important to file your claim as soon as possible. Speak to a Hillsboro pedestrian accident attorney after the crash to initiate the process and protect your right to compensation.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Are you the victim of a pedestrian accident? In these situations, you may be eligible for financial compensation—and the Hillsboro pedestrian accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can fight for your right to recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options without expert personal injury attorneys. (503) 222-4411