Vancouver, WA Wrongful Death Attorney
When a loved one passes away unexpectedly, families are subjected to unbelievable hardship. Not only do these families struggle with the grief and emotional trauma surrounding the death, but also a loss of income and other financial benefits. Furthermore, if someone else is responsible for your loved one’s death, these losses can feel even more difficult. In these situations, you and your family may be eligible for legal action—and the Vancouver, WA personal injury lawyers at DuBois, Law Group, LLC can help with wrongful death cases.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf, allowing you and your family to focus on healing instead of the often lengthy and complex litigation processes.
- Our wrongful death attorneys take on a limited number of cases at a time, allowing our attorneys to provide your case with the dedication and personalized attention your family deserves.
- Our Vancouver, WA professionals charge a contingency fee for our legal services. If our lawyers do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
Washington Wrongful Death Statute
Under Washington law, a wrongful death occurs when the death of another person is caused by the wrongful act, neglect, or default of another person. In these situations, someone could file a wrongful death lawsuit against the person responsible for the deceased person’s death in Washington civil court.
Only certain parties are eligible to bring a wrongful death lawsuit in Washington.
- The personal representative of the deceased person’s estate
- The deceased person’s spouse or registered domestic partner
- The deceased person’s children or stepchildren
- The deceased person’s parents or siblings, if he or she did not have a spouse, domestic partner, or children
If your loved one could have filed a personal injury lawsuit if your loved one had survived his or her accident, your family can likely file a wrongful death lawsuit on his or her behalf. Many personal injury and death wrongful acts qualify for a lawsuit, including motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and acts of violence. If you are unsure whether your case qualifies for wrongful death litigation, speak to a wrongful death attorney at DuBois Law Group as soon as possible.
Damages Available in Vancouver, WA Wrongful Death Claims
Through a Washington wrongful death claim, you and your family can hold the at-fault party accountable for the losses your loved one sustained due to his or her death. You can also recover compensatory damages for the emotional losses your family sustained after he or she passed away. Common damages available in Washington wrongful death claims are the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The deceased’s final medical bills
- The pain and suffering that the deceased experienced before death
- The lost wages and benefits that the deceased would have earned if he or she survived
- Property repairs and replacements for damage sustained in the accident
- The loss of companionship, care, support, and other benefits that you and your family sustained
To prove your right to this compensation, you will need to gather enough evidence to establish the at-fault party’s liability for your loved one’s death. A Vancouver, WA wrongful death attorney can help you craft a compelling case for your family’s right to compensation.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Have you recently lost a loved one? Depending on the circumstances surrounding his or her death, you and your family may be eligible for a Washington wrongful death claim. The attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help your family seek justice. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Vancouver, WA wrongful death lawyer. (503) 222-4411