Vancouver, WA Truck Accident Attorney
Truck drivers are responsible for operating large, heavy-duty vehicles, and must adhere to strict regulations to keep themselves and other drivers safe on the road. Unfortunately, not all drivers follow these rules, leading to serious, catastrophic accidents that result in devastating consequences.
If you are injured in such an accident, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the truck driver and his or her employer—and the Vancouver, WA truck accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help. Our truck accident attorneys can represent you in your claim and fight for your right to maximum compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have a strong track record of successful personal injury settlements and jury verdicts, recovering millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We combine the power of a large firm with the dedication and personalized attention of a small firm. We will leverage our experience, skills, and resources to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- Our medical department is staffed by healthcare professionals who can connect you with the treatment and specialists you need to recover from your injuries.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for several reasons. Poor weather conditions, dangerous roads, and low visibility may lead to these accidents. Some crashes occur due to dangerous or defective vehicle parts that malfunction on the road. In many cases, negligent driving behaviors contribute to these collisions, such as the following.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Changing lanes without checking blind spots
- Driving over the speed limit
- Distracted driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Following too closely, also known as tailgating
Truck drivers and their employers must also adhere to strict federal and state trucking regulations. In some cases, trucking companies fail to follow these rules, leading to dangerous working conditions and unsafe vehicles. Examples of trucking company negligence include the following.
- Hiring unlicensed or untrained drivers
- Encouraging drivers to break hours-of-service regulations
- Improperly loading cargo
- Failure to inspect or maintain vehicles
Identifying the cause of your truck accident is very important. By knowing who was responsible for the accident, you can identify the at-fault party in your lawsuit and file the appropriate legal action. The Vancouver, WA personal injury lawyers lawyers at DuBois Law Group can investigate your accident and help you determine who was at fault.
What to Do After a Vancouver, WA Truck Accident
If you are injured in a Vancouver, WA truck accident, it is important to remain calm and seek help as soon as possible. Take the following steps after the collision to protect yourself and your right to compensation.
- Call 911 as soon as possible and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Seek emergency medical attention, even if you feel uninjured.
- Document the scene. If possible, take photographs of your injuries, accident scene, and property damage.
- Exchange contact information with any witnesses in the area.
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the at-fault driver and keep your interaction brief.
- Contact a Vancouver, WA lawyer at DuBois Law Group as soon as possible to discuss your case and legal options.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Truck accident injuries can severely disrupt your life, leading to extensive medical costs, emotional trauma, and permanent disabilities. In these situations, you can hold the driver accountable for your injuries—and the Vancouver, WA truck accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options. (503) 222-4411