Vancouver, WA Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, millions of drivers travel on Washington roads. Although the majority of these motorists follow state traffic laws and operate their vehicles safely, not all drivers uphold these duties—leading to serious collisions. If you are injured in a car accident, the Vancouver, WA personal injury lawyers at DuBois Law Group can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Our car accident attorneys are dedicated to achieving the maximum settlement in your claim.
- Our firm charges a contingency fee for maximum affordability. We will only charge legal fees if we secure compensation on your behalf.
- Our firm has a separate medical department to connect our clients with the treatment they need. We can even recommend specialists depending on the nature of your injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, from dangerous road conditions and defective vehicle parts to negligent driving behaviors and inclement weather. Identifying the cause of your car accident is important; if someone else’s actions are responsible for your collision, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her. Be sure to use one of our Vancouver, WA car accident lawyers to help!
Some of the most common causes of Vancouver, WA car accidents include the following.
- Driving over the speed limit
- Drunk driving
- Running a red light or a stop sign
- Driving while distracted, such as texting and driving
- Making a lane change without checking for oncoming vehicles
- Failure to yield the right of way to another driver
- Driving while drowsy
- Following too closely, also known as tailgating
Washington Car Accident Laws
Washington, like most states, follows a fault-based system when it comes to car accidents. Under state traffic laws, drivers who are responsible for collisions must pay for the damages of any victims injured in the crash. To uphold this financial responsibility, Washington requires all drivers to carry the following amounts of car insurance.
- $25,000 for injuries or death to one person per accident
- $50,000 for total injuries or death to all people per accident
- $10,000 for property damage per accident
You can choose to carry higher amounts of insurance if you wish. Most car accident claims begin in the insurance stage and progress to a lawsuit if necessary. However, there are some circumstances where filing a lawsuit may be in your best interest. Contact one of our Vancouver, WA car accident lawyers as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
What to Do After a Vancouver, WA Car Accident
The moments after a car accident are crucial for your future claim. To protect your health and your right to compensation, take the following steps after the collision.
- Call 911 and file a report with the police.
- Seek medical attention and save your records.
- Take photographs of your injuries, property damage, and accident scene.
- Exchange information with the at-fault driver and any witnesses in the area.
- Contact a Vancouver, WA car accident attorney to discuss your case and legal options.
- Do not speak to any insurance adjusters until you contact an attorney.
Contact DuBois Law Group
If you are involved in a car accident caused by another driver, you may have grounds for an insurance claim or lawsuit—and the Vancouver, WA car accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation and discuss your optimal path to maximum compensation.