Vancouver, WA Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
In Washington, drunk driving is a serious crime that leads to several accidents each year. Unfortunately, some drivers ignore the consequences of intoxicated driving, leading to serious injuries and devastating fatalities.
If you are injured by an intoxicated driver, our Vancouver, WA drunk driver attorneys DuBois Law Group can help. Our personal injury lawyers can represent you in your insurance claim or lawsuit against the drunk driver, helping you hold him or her accountable for your injuries and losses.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. We are dedicated to achieving maximum compensation for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee agreement. If our attorneys do not secure a settlement in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
- Our firm prioritizes open and honest communication throughout your case. You will always be able to talk to your attorney and ask questions about your claim.
Common Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Alcohol impairs many of the functions that are necessary to drive safely, such as concentration, vision, judgment, and reaction time. Drunk drivers can easily lose control of their vehicles and collide with others on the road, leading to severe injuries that often require long-term care. Many drunk driving accidents also lead to wrongful death.
Some of the most common injuries in drunk driving accidents include the following.
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries and permanent cognitive damage
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash
- Crushing injuries and internal organ damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burn injuries and permanent scarring
- Amputated or mangled limbs
- Facial injuries
- Lacerations and abrasions
How to Prove a Drunk Driving Accident Claim
In Washington, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the drunk driver responsible for your collision. Washington is a fault-based accident state, meaning that negligent drivers are financially liable for the losses of any victims in collisions they cause. To secure compensation in an insurance claim or lawsuit, you will need to supply enough evidence to our Vancouver drunk drive accident lawyers to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence.
There are four key elements that you will need to prove in your claim.
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty to operate his or her vehicle safely and follow all traffic laws, including drunk driving laws.
- The at-fault driver breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act, such as drunk driving.
- The breach of duty caused your accident and resulting injuries.
- You sustained damages in the crash that you can collect in your lawsuit.
There are several pieces of evidence that you can use to prove these elements. For example, the police report and the at-fault driver’s arrest record can help you establish that he or she was under the influence at the time of the accident. Surveillance footage, witness testimony, and medical records can help establish the breach of duty as well as causation. Your medical bills, paystubs, journal entries, and other financial records could establish the extent and value of the damages you sustained, and will be useful to your accident attorney.
Proving a drunk driving accident claim can be a challenge without an attorney on your side. Your drunk driver accident lawyer from DuBois Law Group will conduct a full investigation into your accident, gathering the necessary evidence to prove your right to damages.
Contact A Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer At DuBois Law Group
Are you the victim of a drunk driver? The Vancouver, WA drunk driving accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help. We will advocate aggressively for your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation. (503) 222-4411