Vancouver, WA Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents can, unfortunately, occur for a number of reasons. In some cases, inclement weather or poor road conditions lead to these accidents. In many situations, however, negligent and dangerous driving behaviors can lead to collisions with pedestrians, causing severe injuries. If you are the victim of a pedestrian accident, you have the right to hold the at-fault driver accountable—and the Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident lawyers at DuBois Law Group can represent you in your lawsuit and insurance claim.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm takes on a limited number of cases at a time, ensuring that we can provide each of our clients with the dedication and personalized attention they deserve.
- Our Vancouver, WA personal injury attorneys are dedicated to achieving maximum compensation on our clients’ behalf. We have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure compensation in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Motor vehicles are significantly larger, heavier, and travel at much higher speeds than human beings. As a result, car collisions between a vehicle and a pedestrian can lead to serious, sometimes fatal injuries, resulting in wrongful death. Some of the most common injuries in pedestrian accident cases include the following.
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Crushing injuries and internal organ damage
- Broken bones, such as ribs, arms, legs, and hips
- Severe abrasions, also known as road rash
- Deep lacerations and blood loss
These injuries require prompt medical attention and may require extensive, long-term treatment. You may need months of recovery time and be unable to return to work. In severe cases, these injuries result in permanent disability and lifelong impacts on your daily life.
Damages in Vancouver, WA Pedestrian Accident Claims
If you are injured by a negligent driver in Vancouver, WA, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her. Through your claim, you can recover compensation for the economic damages and the non-economic pain and suffering you sustained in the crash. Common damages in pedestrian accident claims include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and a loss of future earnings
- Chronic pain, disability, and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Depression and anxiety
- Disability accommodations and mobility equipment
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Property repairs and replacements
What to Do After a Vancouver, WA Pedestrian Accident
The moments after a pedestrian accident can be scary, but it is important to take certain steps after the collision to protect yourself. Call 911 as soon as possible—or request another person in the area to make the call—and report the accident to the police. Seek emergency medical attention and save all records related to your injuries.
If you are able to move around without further injury or danger, take photographs of your injuries and the accident scene. Exchange contact information with the at-fault driver and any witnesses who saw the collision. Once you receive treatment for your injuries, contact an attorney as soon as possible to initiate your claim.
Contact A Vancouver, WA Pedestrian Accident Attorney At DuBois Law Group
Are you the victim of a pedestrian accident? You may be eligible for financial compensation. The Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options. (503) 222-4411