Vancouver, WA Bicycle Accident Attorney
Washington bicycle collisions can occur for several reasons, from driver negligence to poor visibility and dangerous roads. These accidents can result in serious, debilitating injuries, including broken bones, brain damage, and severe bruising and lacerations. In these situations, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver—and the Vancouver, WA bicycle accident attorneys at DuBois Law Group can fight aggressively for your right to maximum compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our personal injury lawyers have years of experience representing injured Washington residents in their bicycle accident claims. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm takes a proactive role in the health of our clients. Our medical department can connect you with the treatment and specialists you need to recover.
- If you are facing financial hardship, you can still seek representation. Our firm charges a contingency fee, meaning that you do not owe legal fees unless we secure compensation in your case.
Legal Options for Bicycle Accident Victims
When it comes to motor vehicle collisions, states typically follow two systems: fault and no-fault. In no-fault states, each person is required to carry insurance to protect themselves in the event of an accident. Washington, like most states, follows a fault-based system where negligent drivers are financially liable for the damages of their victims—including other drivers, passengers, and cyclists.
If you are injured in a bicycle accident caused by a motorist, you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her. Use one of the bicycle accident lawyers to help. During these claim processes, you will need to prove that the driver caused your accident and resulting injuries through an act of negligence. Common causes of bicycle accidents that may rise to the level of driver negligence include the following.
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Opening a car door into a bike lane
- Turning without checking for cyclists
- Unsafe lane changes
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving while distracted
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
Damages in Washington Bicycle Accident Claims
A bicycle accident can result in severe, debilitating injuries that require extensive medical care and lengthy recovery times. In some situations, these injuries can result in permanent disabilities and complications, requiring lifelong treatment and impacting your quality of life. Using a Vancouver, WA bicycle accident attorney, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you sustained in the collision.
Economic damages refer to your financial losses, while non-economic damages involve your physical and emotional pain and suffering. Common types of damages claimed in Washington bike accident cases include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Disability accommodations and mobility equipment
- Loss of quality of life
- Depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic pain, disability, and disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
Your Vancouver bicycle accident lawyer from DuBois Law Group can help you calculate the full extent of your damages, enlisting expert witnesses to estimate your long-term care costs. Your lawyer will also evaluate any settlement offers you receive, helping you avoid an insufficient payment.
Contact DuBois Law Group
Are you the victim of a Vancouver, WA bicycle accident? The attorneys at DuBois Law Group can represent you in your bicycle accident lawsuit or insurance claim, helping you recover the compensation you need to heal. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your next steps.