Portland injury attorney

Video: Oregon Injury Wage Loss Compensation after a Car Accident

Recover Your Lost Wages After an Oregon Car Crash

If you’ve been hurt in a car crash and you have an Oregon auto insurance policy, every policy has an Oregon injury wage loss compensation provision, so if you miss work and miss wages for 14 consecutive days or more, your policy will pay your wage loss compensation.

Now the thing you have to remember is they only have to pay a certain amount. Right now, as of July 15, 2009, it’s $1,250 per month. That amount is about to go up, thanks to a bill passed by the Oregon legislature. It’s going up from $1250 per month up to $3,000 per month. Well, what about the rest? If you make $5,000 per month, how do you get paid for that extra $2,000 per month?

That amount of money is included in the claim for damages along with all the other damages from your car crash. That includes your noneconomic damages (pain and suffering), your medical bills, and the Oregon injury wage loss compensation amount that wasn’t paid by your insurance. But that doesn’t happen until the end of the case.

Related Personal Injury Topics: